Yeast in a fungus that does not belong in the digestive system, but when present creates nutrient deficiencies, damage in the digestive system and inflammation that may effect behaviour and the immune system. There can be actual symptoms such as yeast infections, rashes, thrush or athletes foot or there can be mood or behavioural issues.
Yeast Symptoms and Spring Regression in often in those with Autism but can happen in those with behavioral or mood disorders
MORE THAN 50% OF CHILDREN WITH AUTISM WILL HAVE BEHAVIOURAL REGRESSION IN THE SPRING DUE TO YEAST SYMPTOMS
What are some signs of yeast symptoms increasing in the Spring?
- Is your child acting more silly and goofy than usual?
- Are you seeing any toe walking?
- Is your child experiencing itchiness in their private parts?
- Is your child bouncing, rolling, climbing or playing in ways that puts their head lower than their body?
- Is your child laughing or crying for no reason?
- Is your child waking up in the middle of the night? Being silly, upset or bouncing?
- Does your child have trouble with self-regulation or controlling emotions