Christina Carew is a naturopathic doctor who practices strategic functional medicine in Toronto. A published author and researcher, Christina is a lifelong scholar always looking synthesize and combine new research and information into her clinical tool box.
As a medical investigator, she focuses on finding the biomedical reasons for symptoms that are often unique to each patient. Christina’s journey to naturopathic medicine was inspired through working within the teen mental health space. Her goal is to be a catalyst in helping clinicians reframe how they think about mental health and approaches to treatment.
Her practice goal is to help patients remove the obstacles that stand in the way of living a healthy vibrant life. Christina focuses on empowering patients to make informed decisions on their health journey but focusing on the need for individuality in treatment approaches and teaching patients how to listen to their own bodies.
- Genes/ Genetics/ MTHFR
- Environmental Health (Ticks, Mold, Heavy Metals)
- Gut Dysbiosis – Gut Bugs, Stomach pains ?
- Botanical/Herbal medicine
Conditions I see a lot of:
- Mood (Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar)
- Developmental (Autism, Learning Disabilities, Tics, OCD)
- Weight loss/Hormone Health
- Stress/Adrenal Fatigue
- Complicated “I have seen every doctor”
- Gut Dysbiosis (Candida, Yeast, GI complaints)