The immune system protects us from infection and acts to clean ups up the mess once the infection has been fought. Like any part of the body, the immune system required support and regular attention. The immune system is a complex and consists of many different components all over the body.
The immune system requires key nutrients to function and without those nutrients, the immune system can’t to do its job.
Here are some important immune supports heading into the Fall:
- Vitamin C is antiviral and is a strong antioxidant used to clean up the immune system.
- Vitamin D levels when low can increase severity of illness.
- Vitamin A is antiviral and necessary in targeting viruses for termination.
- Glutathione: Low glutathione levels are linked to increased severity of viral presentation.
- Quercetin stops viral damage.
- Zinc critical for immune health. Some antiviral herbs have showed great promise to help decrease the severity of a viral infection.
- Lifestyle support in sleep, stress management and diet can all help support the immune system.
Naturopathic Doctors are regulated primary care health professionals trained to prevent illness and disease. We do this by assessing each person’s unique state of health, past medical history and current health needs.
Carissa Doherty, ND, B.Sc. (BTOX – Biomedical Toxicology)
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
Chief Medical Officer at Natural Care Clinice
Book now for a complementary 15 minute conversation with one of our Naturopathic Doctors to see if Naturopathic Medicine is a fit for you.