Signs of yeast overgrowth in the bowel:
- Thick yellow/green finger or toe nails
- Itchy anus
- Bloating and foul smelling flatulence or stool Craving for sugar, bread, juice, milk, baked goods, fruit smoothies, honey, rice, bananas, vinegar, pickled products, alcohol, or potatoes.
- Frequent urination
- Antibiotic use exceeding 3 weeks at any time in your life or more than 5 antibiotic treatments Brain fog or spaced out Wandering aches Frequent sinus mucous or post nasal drip unrelated to allergies Headache or nausea after smelling perfumes, strong odours or cigarette smoke
- Tip of penis red or swollen or itchy
- Vaginal itchiness
- Frequent UTI’s or bladder infection or incontinence
- Almost all itchiness below the belly button is yeast in a child. Silliness after sugar temper tantrums, climbing things, insomnia symptoms worse in spring and fall
Can a little boy have a yeast infection? Yes
Can a little girl have a yeast infection? Yes
Can a man have a yeast infection? Yes
Can a woman have a bowel yeast infection with no vaginal yeast infection? Yes
Can a bowel yeast infection be tested for? Yes, in stool and surprisingly in the urine.
Can it be treated? Yes
Do I have to change my diet? Yes
- The best diet to kill yeast is a grain free and dairy free diet. For the first 2 weeks avoid or severely limit bananas, vinegar, sweet liquids, sweet “healthy sweets like agave, honey and maple syrup.”
What about the Paleo Diet? It works but too many baked paleo foods will still feed yeast. Paleo excluded legumes, which is not necessary for killing yeast.
Are fruits allowed? Yes, Berries can be eaten but no more than 2 fruits on top of berries. No grapes, oranges, mangos or pineapple in the first 2 weeks and limited after.
Are all vegetables allowed? Yes, but no more than 3 meals a week with beets and no pickled beets.
What are grains? Rice, wheat, bran, oats, millet, spelt, barley, tapioca, sorghum, rye, and corn. Most things in the form of bread, cookie, cereal, cracker, pasta, pizza, and baked goods.
Is quinoa a grain? It’s a pseudocereal like buckwheat, and amaranth. Therefore they can be eaten on a limited bases and only in whole form. Not processed or it may feed yeast. No quinoa pasta.
How can I kill yeast faster?
- Diatomaceous earth can grab yeast debris in the bowel for easier elimination.
- Many herbs kill yeast such as caproylic acid, garlic, oregano and goldenseal.
- Best results can be found when the diet and supplements are done simultaneously
Are there side effects? Is this dangerous? Yes, there can be side effects and as long as you are not ingesting a food you are allergic to, it is safe.
You can expect:
- Cold like symptoms for 1-3 days
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Body aches
The symptoms should last no more than 1-2 weeks and if they persist, contact a Naturopathic Doctor or your medical doctor as you are more complicate then the general public.
Complications may include an impaired detoxification pathway, food allergies, damaged in the digestive system such as diverticulosis and several other factors that would required medical intervention.
Hope you enjoyed your Easter because now is the time for some digestive spring cleaning.